Highly motivated, well trained and world-class, our team members are dedicated to providing the highest quality service and expertise in single-family, multifamily and commercial property management, investment and development. Our entrepreneurial culture means everyone is focused on creating value and generating innovative solutions to solve problems. We step up to the plate, day in and day out, to redefine excellence in property management.
Our innovative business model combines our international platform with the deep local market knowledge so important to each community's success. Every region is staffed by the very best real estate professionals who are specially trained to think like an owner and who take pride in resident satisfaction.
BHHS Michigan and Northern Indiana was founded in 1953 with a focus towards building a best-in-class real estate company with robust property management capabilities. The team works collaboratively throughout the life cycle of an investment vehicle from the strategy inception through asset dispositions, focused on creating return upside potential through an active approach to owning and operating investment properties. Investment professionals work collaboratively within the following organization:
• Portfolio Management
• Regional Investment Management
• Capital Projects
• Finance and Accounting
BHHS Michigan & Northern Indiana Investment Management offers a variety of investment vehicles and strategies catering to a diverse group of capital partners and investors with the goal of producing attractive, risk-adjusted returns through investment in multifamily opportunities in the Michigan and Northern Indiana markets. With a vertically integrated business model and an international operating platform, BHHS Michigan & Northern Indiana global perspective is complemented by deep local knowledge that leverages economies of scale, best practices and best-in-class people to source, analyze and then execute on unique investment opportunities, across a wide geography. Our investment professionals leverage extensive industry relationships and work closely with our large stable of existing clients, partners and local BHHS leaders to acquire real-time market intelligence. Our goal is to maximize investment returns for the owner during the hold period by ensuring an appropriate capitalization structure while focusing on optimal property performance.
• Capital management with dedicated point of contact for partners and investors
• Robust sourcing capabilities through various BHHS channels
• Underwriting/due diligence through a multi-step process involving market research, financial analysis and budgeting
• Rigorous due-diligence process aimed at identifying and mitigating potential risks to the investment
• Asset improvement through comprehensive repositioning strategies that enhance the resident experience through renovations, rebranding and resident services
• Operational enhancements through strategic planning, revenue enhancement, expense control and performance monitoring and reporting
• Disposition strategies through regular hold-sell analysis and continuous dialogue with BBHS’s network of buyers
The vertically-integrated BHHS platform creates a keen advantage for navigating the investment landscape through collaborative identification, sourcing, and execution of investment strategies:
• Proprietary insight and local expertise inform capital allocation decisions by identifying markets with the best potential to outperform
• Deep industry relationships create robust sourcing channel for off-market investment opportunities
• Our centralized portfolio management team guides the strategic execution of investment vehicles and acts as a dedicated point of contact for capital partners and investors
• Regional Investment Management Teams work closely with the BHHS Property Management and Capital Projects Team to source, execute, and dispose of deals
• Local investment experts are focused on identifying undervalued assets with strong potential to generate attractive risk-adjusted return.
• Investment Management Teams work closely with Property Management on coordinated asset execution strategies focused on enhancing asset value through operational excellence and strategic initiatives
• Dedicated, in-house, Capital Projects Team focused on physical due diligence and oversight of all property renovations